How to Hold a Tournament
A tournament can be created at any time.
The creator specifies a password and those
who know the password can enter data for the tournament.
The steps are as follows:
- Create the tournament using the Create Tournament page.
- Choose a name for the tournament.
- Specify who is the creator or organizer.
- Specify a password.
- Choose the limit on the number of players.
- Specify if the creator is playing.
- Give a list of players.
- Choose the tournament format.
By default tournaments are round robins
of matches played as two-game sets.
Or you may specify an explicit list of games:
BluePlayer-YellowPlayer, one game per line.
Bracketed elimination tournaments are also available.
In the last case, player names should be
in top-to-bottom order for the first round;
for other formats, the order is not important.
- Play the games and record them on the site using the
form which appears on the tournament report page ( /tourn/NAME ).
- Correcting errors in score entry:
- Open the Remove Game page.
- Enter the name of the tournament and the password.
- Choose the result(s) to be removed.
- Submit the form.
- If appropriate, resubmit the corrected score.
- When all games have been played,
Close the tournament,
choosing whether to save the results to the history file or not.